I can't help but wax a wee bit nostalgic on my last 22+ years as a single woman.
Last night, in the tub, I was soaking and reading and enjoying myself, and couldn't help but ask myself - jeesh, is this the last time I get to tub? I wrote this blog over and over in my head as I lay in bed, waiting for sleep.....
It seems my choices outsmarted me for many, many years. Talking about zigging when you should have zagged. But those choices also resulted in my fine three sons, daughters-in-laws, and seven grandchildren, and I wouldn't trade those away for any time spent doing anything else.
I'm happy to have survived what could have been a fatal divorce, and forever thank Dan for his presence in my life, which I'm sure helped me so much more than I could ever know.
I remember hysterical nights dealing with runaway children, psycho ex's, stress, more stress, and a wee bit more stress, more kid worries, duplexes, money worries, and the deaths of our parents and sister - and my not so good solution to that stress. I also remember choices I would take back a thousand times, if I could.
But you can't rewrite this life, you just go on. And for the ability to do so, my health, the friendship and support my sisters and best friend Faye have given me in those darkest nights - I thank you from the bottom of my toes to the tip of my head! I also have to include BIL's Dennis and Matt, and Faye's husband Jimmy.
I know I'm not traveling to from the Dark Side to the Yellow Brick Road, but it seems I've landed in a puddle of grace, and I'm going to enjoy being loved, respected, and accepted by the man I've chosen to be my husband and best friend (and vice versa) - the Big Guy!
Love you all - thanks for being my sisters and friend - see you at the Chapel of Love (haha) Mo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment