
A visit to New York isn't complete without a trip on the subway! It was much cleaner than I thought it would be. Our hostess, Big Guy's cousin Janet, said most people get in trouble when they get OFF the subway - it's pretty easy to get turned around.
We took the Staten Island Ferry to Governor's Island and back to Manhattan. We passed Lady Liberty and Ellis Island. Ellis Island is where immigrants were processed into the United States. Our grandfather and grandmother came over in 1911 and 1916, I think it was. Guess granddad had to buy a couple of vowels, as our name was anglicized to Waslawski.
I imagine you all have seen pictures of Lady Liberty - but it's more special when it's YOUR picture you show - here she is - beautiful!
This is the Manhattan Island skyline. The Twin Towers were located on the left side of the picture. Do you see that curved building?
That's the one! It has a secret:
I love real estate hold-outs! That's all for now - more later - love to all! Mo
1 comment:
The New York Pass is a 'smart card' - like a credit card with a computer chip inside - which gives you absolutely free entry to over 80 New York attractions.
It's kind of like an all-inclusive vacation - once you've bought your New York Pass you don't have to pay to get into any of the places covered by the pass.
Post a Comment