After looking at, honestly, a bazillion houses on the internet, two visits to Phoenix, touring almost 50 houses in Phoenix, our offer was accepted on a nice house in western Surprise. I can tell you honestly, you cannot judge a house by the posted photos! They have some, shall I say "unique" designs down here. Hey, I want to live in the Alamo! I want a pueblo, craftsman, contemporary house with yes! let's add a turret over there!
The sizes of the houses we thought we wanted kept increasing, no 1600 s.f. house won't work if we get 20 people for Thanksgiving, how about 1800 - well, Margi has 2200+ and a nice floor plan, and if it works for her.... We settled on a nice 2,900+ s.f. house in western Surprise. It's laid out nicely, so if there are only two of us, we won't be rattling around, but if we get a houseful there's plenty of room for everyone.
The metropolis of Phoenix is laid out very well, with the 101, 202 & 303 loops, and their streets go for 50 miles, I kid you not! So it's pretty easy to find your way around. Our house is located west of the 303 loop, up by Sun City. There's plenty of golf courses around for Jimmy (BGF Faye's husband), and close to shopping, medical, etc.
It has a rather plain exterior - I call it a "flat face", but I prefer plain to overdone! (well, except for the house that looked like the Alamo, we thought we could shoot bad guys off the towers and yell "this is for Davy Crockett!")
When I walked in the house, I went "whoa!" - you could see all the way to the back of the house which has alot of windows. I love the sunshine, so I immediatly went into that area, which is a big great room with kitchen - like the space Marge has in her house, but a bit bigger. The master bedroom is on the left, and the other two bedrooms on the right. It also has a skinny room which was the 3rd car garage option (which the builder did not take), I guess that will be the kid's room. Line it up with bunkbeds and you're good!
There is a nice patio, good-sized back yard which looks out (if you had x-ray vision and could see through the block fence) the common green area.
Big Guy is a little concerned about furniture - but that's what Craig's List is all about! If everything goes our way, which in this real estate market you can't count on, we should close by the 20th, and on our way down for Memorial weekend!
Come on down - as soon as we get some furniture! Love to all - Mo
1 comment:
you shouldn't knock turrets until you've tried them. really, you are so judgemental. did i mention my new house was two? just joking, they are only bay windows. but, i think Nessy's cousin lives in the backyard pool.
Post a Comment