Friday, May 15, 2009

Busy Worker Bee!

I have been hard at work ... at work. Hey, that's not fair! I need to be hard at work in my garden! We have been getting ready for our annual fundraiser, which entails lots and lots of tedious details. Kay is still out sick, so I was lucky to be able to hire someone who worked for the college previously, and had been involved with our fundraiser. So no 71 hour work-week for me this year - thank goodness! Also, no running back and forth across town to spend time with a sick friend, whose time is very near. I've had to learn to let go, which is not one of my strengths! The whole experience has been unusual to say the least, but I'm learning to leave some situations in hands bigger than mine!

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day, everyone came to my house for a barbecue! It was a nice day, which is becoming a rarity around here. I snapped this picture of my plum tree the other morning when it was pouring down rain:

I guess you can't really tell, but the green leaves were absolutely luminous!

Myriah and I have been weeding, it's been a great year for cheet grass! And too windy to spray at night, and too wet in the morning.... I did get the veggie garden rototilled, boy it was a mess! Then Kharsyn soaked it down, and I got most of the grass out the strawberries. If I can't keep the weeds down this year, it's out with the garden! We have a great farmer's market.

Hope everyone is well! Love to all - Mo

No comments: