I'm not sure how you take pictures of Christmas lights - but here is my nephew (Margi & Dennis' son) Casey and his wife Jen's house - all decked out for Christmas. I stopped by there tonight to pick up some items (thanks Margi!), and had a nice visit with them, and Bryer and Keeley, their children. Bryer is still my little buddy, I had to visit his new room (he switched rooms with his sister Keeley), check out his fort, etc., etc., all those special things Aunt Mo does when she comes to visit.
A few weeks ago, I was cruising town looking at Christmas lights with a friend, and as we turned the corner at Pelican Point, I saw what I first thought was a nuclear waste dump site glowing in the distance. As we got closer, I discovered it was my nephew Casey's house! This picture doesn't do it justice, as we got six more inches of snow last night, so it is hard to see the candy cane lights. But here you go - Casey gets the Christmas Spirit of 2008 award!
Speaking of snow - we have about two feet on the ground now. I woke up this morning, looked out the window, and was not very happy. I have to allow at least another half an hour to clean the porch, clean the car, shovel my way to the kennel, shovel my way INTO the kennel, look for doggie dishes (I can't find Spook's dish - maybe next spring?), feed the doggies, can't latch the gate because of too much snow, find a bungie cord, well, you get the idea.
Here's a picture I took of a planter in the front of my house right about Christmas time - it has (or had) a boxwood in it:
This is the same planter this morning, after sweeping off the porch:
It is there....just barely. Gosh, and more snow tonight! But if you want to see real SNOW - check out my BGF#1 Kate's site at http://www.3anklebiters.blogspot.com/.
That's as exciting as it gets tonight kids - Happy New Year and stay warm. Love to all - Mo
2 comments:
wanna borrow my snow blower?
Actually I have one - just couldn't start it. But I did take it to the neighbor's house, gave him $25 and some 2-stroke oil, and said "go for it".
Post a Comment