Wednesday, September 25, 2013

No New is...well No News!

Big Guy and I headed over to Seattle today for my post-op appointment.  The results from my op were supposed to be available, but they weren't.

What I have learned is I have a triple negative breast cassanova...no carcenoma haha.  Cassanova sounds like more fun doncha think?

My bc won't respond to the three normal treatments for bc, which is estrogen/progesterene, something else and another thing.  Sorry if I'm being too technical.  It is a bit over my head, but I'm a triple negative.  So if I have treatment other than radiation, it will be chemo.  And only Dr. Gaudy will decide that.  Those pesky sentinal lymph nodes were clean, the margins weren't available but looked "good" (not good enough for my surgeon to respond to - he wants to see the numbers).  So we wait for a phone call from the surgeon who will consult with the Oncologist to see if chemo is also recommended.

Chemo first, then radiation. 

Other than that, a long day.  Big Guy complained about driving all the way to Seattle to learn not much, but I reminded him that was his decision, and the 3-hour drive is what we have to go to get "face time" with our team.  But my incisions look great, and I'm off the prescribed pain pills.  I did take a big ole Ibuprofen from the dentist yesterday, the day before no meds, and no more meds for me today.  So things are looking up!

Hope my dear sisters are doing well and having fun.  I promise I will start having fun soon!  Love to all Mo

No comments: