Thursday, August 1, 2013

I Won!

1 out of 3, 1 out of 3.  I guess I won the title for the first sister being diagnosed with cancer.  Not what I wanted, not what You wanted, but it is what it is.

My first thoughts were "I wanted a CABIN not CANCER!!" as I drove my 6 and 16 year old grandsons home from our great adventure.  First lunch at the Porterhouse, then the movies.  Then an odd phone call, many voice messages later, and connect with a nurse who gives me the news. Kind of.  "Pick out a treatment center and let us know".  Wow, what a funny way to deliver the news of breast cancer. 

But we worked it all out and tomorrow Larry and I go to Seattle Cancer Care Alliance to meet my team! I have of course had a few weeks of worry, guilt, so on and so forth.  Not a damn thing I can do to change my choices now.

I have long researched alternitive methods of treating cancer, but never went to the source, like how do you "catch" cancer.  I am 4 for 4- drinking, smoking, overweight and not exercising, unless you count weeding an exercise.  Probably not!

I have had Canida for so long, which leads to an overconsumption of yeasty foods and beverages.  I recently was diagnosed with thrush by my dentist, so I know the ugly head of Canida has never left my body.  But it is what it is.

There are so many pressures on me right now - no sugar, no yeasty products, no cigs, jeez shoot me now.  Well, not really I have a very positive outlook on everything.  Like planting a tree I know I will see in 20 years!

Love to all - Mo

No comments: