Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reflections on my 40th Reunion...

Wow - can't believe we just had our 40th high school class reunion. It makes me feel...humble I made it this long, sad it's not my 10th (haha), and yes, a remembrance of the fact that in a few years I will be 60.

I don't know why turning 60 feels like such a milestone. The only other birthdays that impacted me were: 13 & 31. Well, 13 because I was FINALLY a teenager, and 31 because I was, well, older than 30.

Although I suffered a 24-hour bug, I was so darn excited to see the many people who traveled far & wide, and then not so far, to see our classmates. So many local people don't bother to show up which is disappointing, but hey - not my problem.

I found out the 6th grade boy who drove me mad because he was soooo much smarter than me is still - yes, smarter than me. He now is a faculty member at CWU. The not-so-smart, so popular guy from my sophomore year is, well, smarter than he looked back then.

Reconnecting with people I knew way back when, well all I can say is blow those memories away. So many of them are amazing people with lovely families and lively lives - love them all!

And the people I DIDN'T know back then, but really want to know now - well a perfect opportunity to sit down and find out how they have traveled their lives. And actually MAKE a connection.

All I can say is I had a LOT of fun - I sometimes feel segregated from my class because of being a "base kid" - but 40 years later have found out it doesn't really matter.

Love to you all - Mo

No comments: