This morning I went outside with my new best-friend, Kizzy. I noticed these birds swooping and diving around our house; they were yellow finches, every time their little bodies were faced towards the sun, their yellow chests glowed like polished gold, they were awesome. They have also discovered my pond, and now I can sit in the house and watch the games they play around and in the water. We put a willow branch across the pond so they could get in the spray of the fountain if they want. Sometimes it's seems like there's at least a hundred of finch there; stripped and golden, plus a few other breeds that I don't know the names of. Also, this morning, when I stepped outside, I was reminded of Columbus, Mississippi; when was the last time you thought of that place!? Something in the air reminded me of fall and winter down there, maybe the smell of wet dirt did it, I don't know!
I am alive, have no reliable phone or Internet connection, but am still kicking quietly away here. Enjoying the wonderful view! Hope you guys are having fun, t
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so envious - with all the magpies around here, I don't get any finches - I love them! Heading to NYC on Thursday, back on Monday late. Love you lots! Mo
Post a Comment