Monday, March 16, 2009




As you can see, spring is slowly, well, springing up on us! Yeah!!! And, just in the nick of time, we finally found an airtight quadrafire to put into our ancient fireplace, and heat our home with. I figure since we finally have it installed and working, spring will really pounce on us, now! With warm temperatures, and sultry long days making us wonder what the big hurry was about...but we have been without a stove since Jan. of last year, and I didn't want just any fireplace insert, I wanted a specific one which is wayyyyyyyyyyy overpriced when brand new. We found this little guy on Craig's list for a fraction of a new one, cost wise! Matt's' patience is heroic, I think! And, then when I opened my blinds, you can see the little sunny faces waiting to greet me! These will bloom even in the snow, which finally left us. I try to put early blooming things where I can see them from my window; gives me hope that winter is really just a season after all!
February was so busy, busy, busy, and we all got that respiratory stuff that is going around; some of us got it two times, even. But we are all healthy now, and looking forward to playing in the dirt once again. And, Matt says the next house project is replacing the carpet in the living room with oak flooring, and he's itching to start soon. So, maybe we should meet somewhere other than my house for our April meeting. Mo's? Do you guys still want to get together??? I finally got the letter that Margi was warning me about, and he wasn't as petulant as he thought he was. Just a little whiny, but since that's all he has to think about who can blame him. His life is suddenly just a few rooms with poor accommodations, too. So, anyway, I look forward to seeing you all again, and meeting the monster fish from Jamaica! Hope you are all healthy and happy, too. love you, t

2 comments:

Mo said...

Yea! Spring is sloooowly coming to Moses Lake too! My bulbs are half in and half out...can't make up their minds. Can't wait til Friday and sunshine...warmth on my face....more sunshine....talk to you soon Mo

Anonymous said...

I told you spring was just around the corner. Two days until it is officially here: the ROBINS have been claiming it was here for a month now (I saw a flock of them in the orchards across from our house yesterday... Power in numbers, LOL).

I don't have a lot of anything popping up here, but then again, I haven't be in the yard much. I've noticed some of my customer's bulbs trying to make a showing, but no blooms yet, or even anything more than shy leaves!

Can I just say I really don't like the color of the wall around the fireplace? And you should post more pics of the bathroom: thats a seriously cool room ;)