Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm a Jammin!

Funny you should ask Trudy - I've been a jammin fool this last week. No plubarb though - can you believe no one had rhubarb? And I haven't seen it in any stores. I have some plums saved though in case I find some.

James I made:
  • Plum & Peach compote (for the pork roast we have on Christmas Eve). I didn't actually have a recipe - we domestic goddess's know a recipe is just a SUGGESTION ..... from those highly overpaid chefs and all. Anyway, plums, peaches, cinnamon, ginger, soy sauce and a touch of chipolte will make a great cover for pork roast!

  • Strawberry Pineapple, with a touch of cinnamon & vanilla.

  • Grape and left-over pineapple, also with a touch of cinnamon.

  • Plum peach jam - this didn't quite set up as well as I would have liked, but it's a good thing I love pork!

  • Red plum and vanilla - this seemed awful sweet, so might have to save it for french toast and pancakes!

Here's a picture - not all of my jars are shown, but aren't they pretty?

1 comment:

3anklebiters said...

beautiful, when's breakfast? i have my own waffles.